1. Careers

Allena Tapia

What's That You Say? FREE Videos on Getting More Clients? OK!

By November 5, 2012

Ok, right now I am loaded UP on clients. Seriously, I'm feeling a little pressure  here. But that has a lot to do with the fact that I took on more clients in early Fall in anticipation of the holiday dip. It's not always this way for me.

So, when I got this email from Carol Tice about FREE training videos on how to get new clients, I was intrigued. Videos are something I can consume passively when I'm away from work hours and this darn laptop. So, that's a bonus. And you know I respect Carol as a writer and teacher of writers from several posts on this blog. Last, but not least, it turns out that the videos are hosted by Ed Gandia, who I love reading on Freelance Switch.

So, I'm sold.

And, of course, I want to share! The videos are available with an email sign up. Want them? Start here: http://bit.ly/OTGO4S . I suggest you put them on your smartphone or tablet, and check them out during a long car trip or similar. Enjoy!

Comments
November 7, 2012 at 8:46 am
(1) Trace Conger says:

Allena, was interested in learning more about this, but your link redirects to Ed’s DM letter pitching a paid email prospecting system. Is this the intended URL? Thanks.

November 9, 2012 at 10:59 am
(2) freelancewrite says:

Trace- I’m sorry. I think the “deal” was/is now over, and that’s why it goes there instead. Email me though, I can help you out. tapia at msu dot edu.

November 9, 2012 at 11:29 am
(3) Tara says:

I noticed the same issue, Allena. May I please email you, too?

November 20, 2012 at 3:37 am
(4) Beth says:

Hello, Allena,

I am also interested. I will send an email to you at tapia at msu dot edu.

I am an American technical writer/blogger with 15 years of experience based in India due to my husband’s job. (I’m from Boulder, CO via your neighboring state of IN.) I am currently employed at a US company here in Chennai as a senior technical writer, but the contract is almost up so I want to try my hand at freelance work.

I enjoy your site very much. Thanks for all the tips and inspiration!

Beth

November 21, 2012 at 11:36 pm
(5) freelancewrite says:

Beth, I thought I kept the videos, but I didn’t :( sorry.

December 27, 2012 at 11:07 am
(6) Carol Tice | Make a Living Writing says:

Hi Allena — I’m so behind on my emails that I just found this! Thanks for the mention.

Sorry to say, Ed does only put those free videos up for a few days. But they’ll be back again in the future, I’m sure…they relate to a class Ed usually does 1-2x a year.

Be sure to jump on those when you see them — Ed is always full of valuable info, no matter where you’re at in your writing career.

December 27, 2012 at 2:52 pm
(7) freelancewrite says:

I figured it was something like that. Thanks!

March 19, 2014 at 12:30 pm
(8) free codes says:

I read this post fully concerning the resemblance
of most recent and previous technologies, it’s amazing article.